Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Jobs in Tanzania 2019: New Job at Deloitte East Africa Limited, Internal Client Services (Procurement Officer) | Deadline: 28th April, 2019
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2019
Job Title: Internal Client Services (Procurement Officer)
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda.
About the Department
Deloitte East Africa has a well versed Internal Client Services unit positioned to deliver outstanding value and services needed to achieve Deloitte’s vision .It enables client facing staff to work more efficiently and effectively.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for managing all the procurement activities related to our Tanzania office. He/ She is to ensure full compliance with the firm’s procurement policies and regulations, for products and materials required by the office. He/She shall stand in for other Projects i.e Boresha Afya procurement when need arises.
This position reports to the Regional Procurement Manager.
What you will do/Specialized Competencies
• Carry out competitive procurement processes in compliance with the firm’s procedures, regulations and or Government Public Procurement Act for purchases and acquisitions of materials and service and in certain circumstances understand USAID procurement policies and procedures will be necessary when standing in for project procurement staff;
• Prepare annual procurement plans, showing the most appropriate professional procurement method to be applied for each purchase, prepare the appropriate sourcing documents and a monthly summary of procurement activities conducted;
• Ensure adherence to set purchasing procedures and processes;
• Manage credible sourcing processes for new company requirements;
• Maintain a list of the approved suppliers, liaise with Nairobi Office to upload the approved supply information to the requisition system and share such details with the users;
• Effective management of the BRMS supplier risk check with the Risk and Independence function, this entails requesting suppliers data during the bidding process, and subjecting such data to Risk and Independence function, who provide written supplier approval or rejection;
• Effectively manage approved suppliers with cost efficiency;
• Continuously maintain supplier performance data;
• Evaluate the efficiency of the integrated purchase module and prepare reports on the same;
• Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
• A Bachelor degree in Procurement and Materials Management, Purchasing and Supplies Management, or any other related field;
• Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent preferred;
• 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in the Procurement and supply management in large organisations;
• Knowledge of the Procurement Act and Public Procurement & Regulatory Authority ( PPRA ) procedures;
• Negotiation skills;
• Data analysis skills;
• Excellent report writing skillsRead Also:
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (1,270+ POSTS)
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written English;
• Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
• Advanced computer skills i.e Advanced Excel, MS Word, Power point, etc.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society and make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Seniors across our organization:
Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across business and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results;
Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities; and
Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
-Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Strategic Direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and set priorities and direction
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html.
To the successful candidate the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working together to make an impact that matters.
Closing date: 28 April 2019