Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Jobs in Tanzania 2019: New Job at USAID Boresha Afya Program - Southern Zone, Consulting -Monitoring and Evaluation Manager -S &O | Deadline: 28th April, 2019
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2019
Job Title: Consulting -Monitoring and Evaluation Manager -S &O – USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda.
About the Department
Deloitte East Africa has a well versed strategy and operations team uniquely positioned to support the strategic agenda of our clients in the key domains of growth, business improvement & optimization, and strategic transformation. The wide spectrum of capabilities, thought leadership and experience are underpinned by the Deloitte platform of executable strategy and innovation for growth.
Our unique strategic planning approach and capability allows executive teams to understand the future and create growth and aspirational viewpoints about the possibility in their markets and organizations.
About the Program
The USAID Boresha Afya is a five year (1 October 2016 – 30 September 2021) program supported by the American People through United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program is implemented by Deloitte Consulting Limited in 43 councils of Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Lindi, Mtwara and Ruvuma regions with its technical partners; Family Health International (FHI360), EngenderHealth and Management and Development for Health (MDH). The purpose of USAID Boresha Afya is to increase access to high quality, comprehensive, and integrated health services, in communities we serve especially women and youth. USAID Boresha Afya is set to create a dynamic, integrated platform for delivery of health services that emphasizes intensified coordination and collaboration between the government, health facilities and communities, towards achieving HIV epidemic control while integrating Family Planning (FP), Tuberculosis (TB), Maternal and Neo Natal Child Health (MNCH), Malaria care and Nutrition through innovative integration approaches at all levels and opportunities.
Main purpose of the job
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is responsible for monitoring activities of the program in Njombe and Ruvuma regions and oversee the Projects statistical analysis.
This position reports directly to the Director of Strategic Information.
What you will do/Specialized Competencies:
• Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive Strategic Information Framework for the program;
• Work in collaboration with the Director of Strategic Information (DSI) to support regional M&E teams in results based planning and budgeting;
• Ensure that routine annual planning, monitoring and reporting of all program activities is carried out timely;
• Prepare quarterly and annual reports for submission to USAID;
• Ensure the regions of Njombe and Ruvuma are in compliance with reporting guidelines of the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), USAID, PMI and PEPFAR on indicators, types of reports and deadlines;
• Liaise with respective Regional M&E Leads to ensure ProDMIS is updated monthly as well as availability and use of other data management systems (DHIS2, CTC2 Database and Train-Smart);
• Oversee proper documentation of at least 1 success story and support at least 2 abstract preparation for program staff;
• Provide technical support through mentorship to enable the M&E team to better collect, monitor, and utilize data for decision-making;
• Review performance of Project data and advise the M&E and technical teams accordingly;
• Ensure that all assignments are conducted in accordance with the Firm’s standard procedures and methodologies and all client information is treated with utmost confidentiality;
• Support implementation of mHealth initiatives for the program i.e. SMS reminders, Referral Case Management Application and Sample Tracking System);
• Liaise with other managers within the program and your respective regions (finance, grants and technical teams) to implement cost effective interventions;
• Work with Database Manager and Data Officer to ensure final regional data/evaluation reports are kept in the program server as well as ensuring data safety and privacy at each region s/he oversees;
• Evaluate statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency and accuracy;
• Provide guidance in study/ evaluation design with regard to sampling, tools development, data capture systems, and validation/cleaning of evaluation datasets;
• Provide expertise in sample size/power calculations, sampling techniques, analytical plans and designing of data collection tools;
• Participate in data interpretation, presentation, report writing and dissemination of research/ evaluation findings;
• Maintain records of all studies or evaluation findings disseminated at scientific conferences;
• Oversee all Program analysis, documentation and dissemination of activities and accomplishments in the form of reports,publications and presentations to donors; stakeholders, and the international community;
• Performing any other related duties as assigned from time to time.
• Master Degree in Bio-Statistics or Epidemiology, a Master of Public Health will be added advantage;
• A minimum of five (5) years working experience in advanced data analysis with substantial engagement in health
• Research activities particularly in designing, overseeing field work and report writing, three (3) years of which should be at
• a managerial level;
• Proven experience in developing and writing research/ assessment protocols;
• Demonstrated experience in using ICT technologies for data management;
• Advanced knowledge on statistical packages (i.e. STATA, SPSS or R);
• Proven Computer skills and strong knowledge of MS Office applications;
• Good planning and organization skills;
• Clinical background is highly desiredRead Also:
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (1,270+ POSTS)
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written English;
• Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
• Advanced computer skills i.e Advanced Excel, MS Word, Power point, etc.
• Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society and make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our organization:
-Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
-Deliver exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across business and borders
-Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
-Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
-Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Performance Driven – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across business and borders
Strategic Direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and set priorities and direction
Talent Development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html.
To the successful candidate the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working together to make an impact that matters.
Closing date: 28 April 2019