Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Job Title: Project Director- FASTER project
Position Type: National Staff,
Job Location: TANZANIA, Dar es Salaam
Reports To: Head of Programming
Type of Contract: Full time
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official overseas relief and development organization of United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and has served people living in poverty and situations of vulnerability in over 100 countries since 1943. In Tanzania, CRS has served vulnerable communities for over 50 years and is a leader in building the country’s capacity to improve health and nutrition services for young children and their caregivers..
FASTER Project Background:
FASTER (Faith-Based Action for Scaling up Testing and Treatment for the Epidemic Response) is designed as a new component of the global FOCUS (Faith-based Organization Capacity Strengthening for Universal HIV Services) project. Funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), FOCUS was developed with the intent of building FBO network capacity, assisting FBOs to contribute to HIV multi-sector planning for expanded service delivery, and documenting successful approaches. Led by CRS, FOCUS builds understanding of how to leverage the faith-based community’s contributions at subnational and national levels, reinforcing mutual responsibility and country-driven leadership.
FASTER takes FOCUS’ objectives to the next level by creating an enabling environment in 4 countries where public health, civil society, the private sector, and FBOs can accelerate normative pediatric HIV case finding, testing, linkage to care and treatment, and adherence support by strengthening and streamlining joint coordination and provision of pediatric HIV service delivery.
The FASTER Tanzania Project Director will provide the overall leadership and management of the implementation of FASTER in Tanzania, including activities, deliverables, ensuring adherence to technical and financial policies and standards of excellence and monitoring project activities and expenses, donor compliance and reporting, and external representation. S/he will be responsible for the daily management and coordination of FASTER-Tanzania staff, oversee communication and collaboration with CDC-Tanzania, Government of Tanzania entities especially NACP and MOHCDGEC, FASTER consortium members, STTA providers, Implementing Partners, CSOs and private/commercial stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of the project.
S/he will oversee the initial technical, program and operational set-up of FASTER’s presence in Tanzania, and thereafter will provide technical leadership implementing and monitoring project deliverables and outcomes. With the support of the FOCUS global team, the Project Director will provide technical support to implementing partners in the priority actions. Additionally, s/he will facilitate the day-to-day project implementation process to ensure project outputs are provided as per the agreed work plan.”
Program Planning, Coordination, Communications and Reporting
- Lead FASTER in Tanzania to respond to CDC/country mission’s overall goals in line with FASTER’s a efforts to address the HIV/AIDS pandemic in country.
- Lead coordination and planning of project goals and objectives for the FASTER project in Tanzania (including the annual Country Operational Plan submission as applicable, Continuing Application, Annual Progress Report) and ensure collaborative approach among partners.
- Overall representation of the FASTER Tanzania with Government of Tanzania and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure successful startup of FASTER in Tanzania. Provide oversight to ensure the achievement of project objectives.
- Lead the development and timely completion of annual SOWs, workplans, indicators, and budgets for each local partner and CRS.
- Ensure Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) efforts are consistent with FASTER results and compliant with CDC and CRS policies.
- Document and ensure appropriate application of programmatic best practices.
- Utilize and develop appropriate tools to track program performance (site capacity assessment tool, regular financial analysis, treatment initiation, adherence monitoring/patient retention, etc.).
- Together with CDC Activity Manager and CRS team, conduct periodic technical reviews, site visits and monitor progress towards achievement of program objectives.
- Ensure necessary technical assistance and training is provided to partners to develop capacity to implement HIV/AIDS support activities as per the grant requirement.
- Work closely with the CRS Finance and Compliance team members to ensure CRS and partner compliance with relevant USG regulations and to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting of activities.
- Finalize and ensure the timely completion of accurate and consistent financial and narrative reports for both local and international audiences.
- Ensure regular financial reviews and analysis of program spending to ensure cost effectiveness.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (1,260+ POSTS)
- Lead efforts at program innovation; foster regular discussions with key stakeholders as appropriate; design program modifications as needed.
- In coordination with the global FOCUS team, lead in-country communication efforts, including a communications plan to include focus on communicating the project’s identity, necessary protocols, development of promotional materials.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine (MD)
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Masters of Medicine in Paediatrics, Health Policy or Related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of experience in HIV/AIDS programming
- Minimum 5 years in project management positions with progressive management responsibilities.
- Experience working in pediatric HIV programming.
- Strong background in program implementation; experience in hiring, supervising and training local personnel; systems; budgeting and financial management
- Experience with implementation and reporting on USG public grants; Demonstrated knowledge of USG regulations
- Management experience within the Tanzanian Health System
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
Required Travel: Ability to travel 30% of time
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their applications with CVs of 5 pages maximum, including three references, and covering letter explaining why they are the best suited for this senior position by 27th April, 2019 to the Human Resources Manager, CRS Tanzania by email: [email protected].org
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Only short-listed candidates with be contacted.