Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Chief Audit Executive, Global Internal Audit Job Vacancy at The World Vision International | Deadline: 1st July 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA WORLD VISION INTERNATIONAL 2018
Chief Audit Executive, Global Internal Audit
Job Description*We have engaged an executive search firm to lead the Chief Audit Executive recruitment process. For consideration, please email your CV with cover letter expressing interest to:
Kathryn M. Murphy, Managing Director, Sterling Partners, LLC [email protected]
*Applications received via www.careers.wvi.org will NOT be considered.
TANZANIAN NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORUNITIES (800+ POSTS)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Chief Audit Executive (CAE) is the key audit role in managing the organization’s Global Internal Audit (GIA) and Fraud Investigation activities, and serves as a “business partner” to the Audit and Risk Management Committee (ARC), the President and CEO, and the Partnership Leader - Global Governance & Compliance on all major audit issues and accountabilities. The CAE reports directly to the WVI Board, and will oversee financial, operational, program, technology and strategic audits, fraud investigations, and advisory reviews of the Partnership’s entities to enhance governance, risk management, and compliance processes and practices, strengthen processes and controls, and optimize efficiency.
The CAE will provide strategic and technical leadership for the delivery of audit, advisory, and investigation services that support the ARC and senior leadership in carrying out their respective oversight and risk management responsibilities. The CAE will also provide leadership and direction to build on and enhance GIA’s automated system and leverage technology to enhance the operational effectiveness of the department.
The CAE will collaborate and engage with senior leadership and key stakeholders on strategic priorities, including transformation and operational change, global initiatives, emerging risks, and mitigation plans prior to execution to prevent major risk to the organization.
- Develops risk based audit plans that are aligned with the organization’s key strategies, risk profile and priorities, and adjust plans as necessary in response to major changes in the internal and external landscape.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization’s governance, risk and compliance systems and processes designed to mitigate risk to the achievement of the organization’s goals, and issues periodic reports to the Audit and Risk Management Committee (ARC) summarizing the status and results of the annual audit plan and sufficiency of the department resources.
- Provides strategic guidance around risk assessment, data analytics, trend analysis and support to audit staff to ensure that current and emerging financial, programme, operational, strategic, and technology risks are identified, shared with key stakeholders, and addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensures internal audit quality reviews of local audit functions of national offices, including support office, with local boards are performed based on risk or every five years, and conducts/supervises special reviews and attends meetings as required by WVI management and/or the WVI Board Audit/ and Risk Management Committee.
- Ensure that internal audits and investigations are conducted in a timely manner and in accordance with established Professional Standards, and GIA’s and the organization’s policy and procedures, and risk mitigation plans are effective to prevent future issues.
- Leads and approves all significant changes to the department’s audit standards, systems, processes, audit programs, and standard audit work papers designed to consistently produce quality and value-add audit responses and reports.
- Manages the annual audit schedule to meet annual audit objectives, including coordination with WVUS and the WVUS/WVI external auditor to ensure the annual A133 audit coverage is achieved.
- Builds the Global Internal Audit team by attracting and retaining gifted people who are called to serve World Vision. Encourages the career development of all staff through appropriate career tracking, training, and mentoring.
- Serves as liaison for WVI Board of Directors, acting as principal staff member for the Board Risk and Audit Committee. Reports to the Chairman of the WVI Board Audit and Risk Management Committee.
- Collaborates and engages with a wide range of Partnership stakeholders from differing cultures and perspectives (including Global and Regional Partnership Leaders, other functions Leaders, CEO and ND’s, using effective communication and influencing skills to gain support for positive change initiatives.
- Proactively engages with the ARC and the senior leadership as needed regarding significant matters, including, but not limited to identifying and highlighting major risk exposure areas and on the status of the implementation of outstanding audit recommendations.
- Proactively challenges the organization to a faithful stewardship of resources, striking a God-honoring balance between the constituents we serve, including donors who provide resources; those in need who receive resources; and our employees and other partners who deliver resources.
- Provides assistance to external auditors in the annual examination of the organization’s financial statements and government grant audits.
- Attends and participates in devotions and weekly Chapel services where applicable.
KEY SELECTION and QUALIFICATIONS:
- An undergraduate degree in Internal Audit, Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics (or international equivalent).
- CIA, CPA or international equivalent is required. CFE, CISA or MBA is an advantage.
- Experience in Audit Committee/Board interactions.
- Extensive professional experience in audit and fraud investigations - at least fifteen years’ experience in a combination of internal audit, public accounting with experience with a “Big 6” public accounting firm preferred and financial management.
- Senior management experience as a CAE, Director of Internal Audit or a Senior Audit Manager in a Big 6 public accounting firm is required.
- Experience auditing government grants or working in US Federal Government, EU or other national finance, policy or humanitarian agencies of non-US governments.
- Large not-for-profit organization or experience with global companies or organizations.
- Prior experience with change management that may include process analysis and redesign, system enhancement or new system deployment is a plus.
- Understanding of a federally governed organization, which requires leadership to be collaborative and consultative.
- Banking or micro-enterprise experience is an advantage.
- Experienced in Risk Management requirements for Global organizations.
- Project Leadership and understanding of principles of effective project management.
- Innovative, creative, and strategic thinking and planning.
- Experience leveraging technology such as artificial intelligence to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience working in an automated and digital driven internal audit environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, planning and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic Conversation: English (French or Spanish helpful)
- Business Communications: English
- Fully Fluent: English
TRAVEL & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to travel at least 40% of time based on corporate risk environment.
- Must be able to operate in a highly complex and dynamic global environment.
TANZANIAN NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORUNITIES (800+ POSTS)
- Self-Managing Capabilities:
- Models Biblical ethics and principles in actions and lifestyle.
- Reflects Christ-like values in work and life.
- Prioritizes spiritual growth and care of staff.
- Contributes to corporate spirituality.
- Demonstrates a growing understanding of and respect for Christian diversity.
- Models kingdom values in organizational life.
- Coaches staff to high levels of performance.
- Is self-aware and acknowledges strengths and weaknesses and puts appropriate support staff or systems in place to ensure overall effectiveness.
- Treats others with honor and respect.
- Inspires open and trusting networks of relationships.
- Forms long-term cooperative relationships.
- Models global thinking and local action.
- Takes initiative to resolve differences and conflicts.
- Inspires high levels of team performance.
- Proactively builds diverse teams and partnerships.
- Uses different styles to impact different individuals or groups.
- Provides forums for staff to raise their concerns.
- Takes a persuasive stand on difficult issues.
- Can operate in a hands-on manner in a lean organization with limited resources and budgets.
- Ensures a high-level of quality and customer service.
- Develops a culture of excellence.
- Encourages and supports initiative, impact and drive.
- Develops high levels of credibility and accountability.
- Measures performance against standards.
- Leads with transparency and stays accountable.
- Sets high standards and monitors compliance.
- Ensures personal verbal communication is clear and convincing.
- Keeps staff and other groups well informed.
- Stays open to internal and external feedback.
- Identifies and shares in a timely manner with team members and key stakeholders emerging and critical issues facing the organization and possible solutions.
- Leads a dynamic planning process to address risk to the organization from a constantly changing environment.
- Stays alert to internal and external industry and technical trends and responds appropriately.
- Develops strategic directions based on careful research, risk, and the constantly changing internal and external landscape.
- Ensures that the global internal audit strategy is in alignment with the Partnership strategy.
- Prioritizes and ensures that the internal audit resources are effectively allocated across the organization to yield adequate audit coverage where the risks are highest
- Contextualizes technical skills and outputs to industry requirements.
- Actively maintains current industry knowledge.
- Builds on WV experience to contribute to policy debate and development, including national, international and donor standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Personal presence, confidence, and professional competence necessary to represent the organization with internal and external executives, and the ability to act as a presenter for the company.
- Process and results oriented and ability to manage, influence, and drive strategic solution and development across diverse teams.
- Excellent communication skills, listens, persuasive and patient.
- Uncompromising professional integrity and personal values/character that are beyond reproach.
- Strong leader with an open and direct style, one who practices participative management and team building.
- A forward-thinking and strategic minded professional.
- Determined, innovative, and flexible with a strong work ethic. A person having a sense of urgency.
- Well-rounded business executive that can assist in the company’s growth and development.
- Must be culturally and philosophically compatible with the values and mission statement of the organization.
-World Vision International offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefit package.