Legal Counsel Job Opportunity at Total Tanzania | Deadline: 6th July, 2018Job Title: Legal Counsel
TANZANIA DAR ES SALAAM (TZA)
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
• Assist the Commercial and Legal Team in the negotiation of the agreements required by the Project in
• Provide timely legal advice and opinions (written and oral) and give support to all day-to-day operations
of the Project in Tanzania (corporate, HSE, Local content, procurement of goods and services,
sponsorship, taxes …) and more specifically provide legal support (i) in obtaining of all permitting
authorizations needed for the EACOP project; and (ii) in land access, rights of way, acquisition and
• Prepare, draft and review contracts, documents and correspondence, participate to negotiations when
• Develop a contracts database including templates and model contracts. Maintain proper filing and
ensure that documentation is appropriately kept
• Identify potential legal/contractual risks in the Project’s day-to-day operations and propose mitigation
measures; anticipate needs of internal clients, propose practical solutions
• Monitor legislative and regulatory developments/changes which may have an impact on Project
activities in Tanzania.
• Provide advice and give opinions on the interpretation and application/enforcement of domestic laws
and regulations to the activities in Tanzania.
• Advice in disputes resolution and judicial proceedings in which TEAM BV Tanzania may be a party.
• Oversee the activities of external legal counsels and consultants
• Contribute to improve skills and know-how within the Project Team.
• Liaise with other legal staff working for the Project in Uganda or Tanzania or at Head Quarters
• Liaise with Government agencies as required
• Prepare reports as required
Context and environment
TEAM BV Tanzania branch is in charge of implementing the EACOP Project in Tanzania
Qualifications: master degree in law.
Experiences / skills: minimum of 5 years of legal experience in a company or law firm in Tanzania [or
abroad]. Contract drafting and negotiation skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Problem
solving oriented. Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
Offer ID: 13200BR
Métier: General Business Law
Region, department, area: Tanzania
Employment type: Fixed term position
Experience level required: 6 - 10 years
Salary currency: TZS
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Job Expires: 06-Jul-2018