Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA TANZANIAFinance Coordinator Compliance & Reporting
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
As part of these responsibilities the post holder will promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (400+ POSTS)
Under direct supervision of Deputy Director of Finance, the Finance Coordinator Compliance & Reporting is expected to perform financial duties around accounting cycle and internal control environment, including; to ensure accuracy of accounting records & system, adherence of organizational policies & procedures and to ensure compliance of statutory obligations.
S/he is expected to ensure that financial regulations and controls are in place at all times and all the financial transactions are administered, recorded and reported in accordance with both Save the Children and donor policies and procedures. The post holder will ensure that all reports whether periodic, statutory or donor related are accurate and meet the required standard.
The post holder will also be responsible for proper maintenance of Save the Children’s computerized accounting system (i.e. Agresso) and time closure of month-end and year-end accounts.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Save the Children has been operational in Tanzania since 1986 providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered in support of GoT priorities and policies both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health & nutrition, HIV/TB and emergency response. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined programmes of SCUK, SCUS, SC Sweden to create a single operation in Tanzania.
Reports to: Deputy Director Finance
Dimensions: Based in Dar es Salaam but should be willing to travel at least 10% of time in-country
Number of direct reports: None at the moment (TBD).
The post holder will develop and maintain strong professional relationships with his/her counterparts in awards, partnership, HR and supply chain functions to ensure compatibility and working better together, as well as creating platforms for sharing best practice and lessons learned from compliance aspects.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- The position holder will ensure that all accounting transactions are recorded in Agresso in compliance with:
- Save the Children policies and procedures as well as Scheme of Delegation
- Respective donor’s policies and procedures [Awards team to be consulted for relevant donor polices & Procedures]
- Statutory obligations [relevant TAX and VAT laws, compliance with GAAP]
- The post holder will ensure that each accounting transaction have a proper audit trail and supporting documents. The post holder will also ensure that the supporting documents are secured and archived in a retrievable manner
- The post holder will be the focal point for all internal and external audits from accounting side and will ensure that all audit queries are addressed timely and in an appropriate manner.
- Ensure all transactions at country office and from field offices are recorded accurately from all aspects in Agresso and system is up to date for postings on weekly basis.
- Ensure cash and bank balances are reviewed and reconciled on monthly basis for all locations. And bank reconciliation are signed on monthly basis from SSD and CD
- Ensure intercountry and member’s control account are reconciled on weekly basis and an issue identified are resolved on a timely basis
- Ensure Balance Sheet Account reconciliation is carried out in the system and all account balances are supported by proper accounting schedules
- Ensure all control accounts are reviewed on monthly balance and relevant explanations are documented for supporting purposes
- Follow-up on pending advance /receivable balances from staff member and ensure compliance of SCI policy is adhered at all levels
- The post holder will ensure accuracy of posting in accordance Save the Children Cost Allocation Methodology and Premises Guidelines. The post holder will also ensure that the timesheet data is transferred from HR on time in Agresso on monthly basis
- The post holder will ensure that fixed assets register is up to date and depreciation is accounted for in the system on regular basis
- The post holder will support Deputy Finance Director for Annual Leaves Reconciliation as well as Stock Reconciliation
- The post holder will also assist Deputy Director Finance for producing monthly financial reports (MFRs)
- Ensure country office KPIs for recording and posting are met according to set benchmarks on monthly basis
- S/he will act as Save the Children Financial Management System [FMS] i.e. Agresso CHAMPION and will ensure that all Agresso technical matter are taken care at country as well as field office level
- S/he will provide technical support and guidance to finance colleagues on FMS related matter
- S/he will provide initial induction /training to new colleagues joining save the children finance team
- Produce first draft of monthly financial reports (MFRs) for Deputy Director Finance Review before final approval form SSD and CD
- Assist Deputy Director Finance for annual returns (YERs) and other reports required by Regional and Centre Office
- Ensure that all budgets are uploaded in Agresso and monthly budget vs actual reports are produced for budget holder’s review and feedback. Also to ensure that budget holder’s feedback is incorporated and all errors are rectified in the system on monthly basis
- Assist Deputy Director Finance on monthly budget holders meetings, taking action points and following up timely on any issues arising from the meetings
- Assist Deputy Director Finance for producing first draft of projects financial reports in accordance with donor rules and regulations
Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Assist Deputy Director Finance on annual budget exercises (country office master budget), quarterly revisions and analysis of financial performance of the country and field operations.
- Work closely with Deputy Director of Finance and with Awards Team (if required) for budget preparation of new projects.
- Represent the Finance Department on the Procurement Committee, in opening and evaluation of procurement bids
- Ensure SCI’s policies on Fraud and Dishonesty are embedded in daily routines, and complied at all level in accounting cycle.
- Ensure induction training for all staff, and periodic refresher training for key finance staff is provided and documented.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
Holds the broader team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and take responsibility for their own personal development
Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, managers, members and external partners and supporters
Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Commitment to Save the Children values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in finance or business administration or similar relevant area;
- Additional professional certificates - ACCA/CPA is desirable
- Minimum 5 (Five) years of relevant work experience with at least 2 (two) years in an INGO /National NGO. Previous INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Strong analytical approach and attention to detail.
- Ability to support, work with and interpret financial reports to staff with limited financial skills.
- Proven experience in budget preparations and reporting is highly desired
- Knowledge of computerized accounting application is must requirement with strong analytical skills in spreadsheets
- Fluency in written and oral English communication skills
Contract - Full-Time
Closing date: Friday 26 October 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified