Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA TANZANIA
The Programme Delivery Team is accountable for ensuring that programmes are designed and delivered according to the Oxfam Minimum Standards for Programming and that the correct programme information is collected timely, reviewed regularly and used to inform decision making related to programme implementation and partnerships.
The team is managing all partner relationship and responsible for timely, high-quality programme delivery. The team is also responsible for evidence gathering, partnership coordination and reviews, the team is working with all units (programme quality and the national influencing).
Primarily responsible for programme strategy and proposal development, the team act as a primary interface between Oxfam and its partners and beneficiaries, and other programme stakeholders.
The Programme Coordinator is responsible for coordination of all programme delivery in the geographical scope with support from Programme Manager. Lead on partnership management throughout the cycle. Line manages the Programme Partnership Officers. Coordinates capacity building support for the partners and other stakeholders. Ensures data collection and submission
for analysis in accordance with MEAL plan. Contributes to programme development and fundraising in collaboration with CF&PL. Generates programme reports and takes part in supporting documentation and learning. Takes part in campaigns and influencing opportunities in collaboration with NIT.
The Jobholder reports to the Programme Manager and is proactively seek technical support
required to support programme delivery from PQT, NIT, PMU as may be required. Deputises Programme Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Programme Development and delivery
- Work closely with the programme manager in ensuring high-quality programme delivery in the geographical areas and complies with organizational standards of management and accountability.
- Work closely with Programme Manager in the development of Annual Operation Plan which is in line with MEAL framework
- Provide required information to the National influencing for advocacy and campaigns, this means working closely with the technical teams at the national level
- Provide budget oversight to all grants in the geographical area, identify risks and develop mitigation plan which is agreed with partners.
- Is on top of the implementation of area programmes in ensuring that implementation is in line with contract reporting dates
- Work closely with communication team in the development of capacity for partners in the collection and documentation of case studies and learnings.
- In consultation with the Programme Manager, identify opportunities for programmes that have high impact and respective partnership modality for scaling up.
- Ensure that women’s rights are embedded in partner’s project designs and are maintained as central to their programme approach.
- Work closely with the Programme Manager in the development of donor proposals and other necessary activities to secure funding for the geographical area.
- In collaboration with the Programme Quality team ensure that programme activities are of a high quality and are delivered within agreed timelines.
- Support consultants and researchers as required, in accordance with Oxfam policy and procedures.
- Work closely with partners and provide required support in preparation of reports (narrative and financial), ensure that projects are completed and closed.
- In collaboration with PQT and NIT develop tools for monitoring impacts of OITZ work and ensure such tools are capturing campaigns impacts and learning both at the local and national level.
- In collaboration with National Influencing coordinate and facilitate engagement with partners in carrying out campaigns which contribute to OiTZ change goals.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (370+ POSTS)
2. Partnership management and support
- Supervise and assess work in progress to ensure compliance and delivery of high-quality results and achievements of overall Programme objectives. This includes financial monitoring, support partners in problem-solving, and identifying and utilization of lessons learned and best practices to ensure consistently improved Programming.
- Working closely with the Program Managers to ensure that the partners have the necessary organizational and technical capacity to deliver against contracts.
- Support partners in the interpretation of contractual terms i.e. results or outcomes expected and the resources allocated.
- Ensure partners are compliant with Oxfam policies and contracts requirements in implementing their programmatic activities.
- Establish, maintain and expand partnerships and alliances with various strategic partners from development organizations, government, political parties, parliament, and civil society organizations to ensure active participation and promotion of active citizenship approach
- Lead in the process of identifying, and selecting potential partners
- Work with Programme Quality Team and Business Services Team in supporting partners to develop quality project documents including proposal, budget, risk mitigation plan, MEAL frameworks and implementation/work-plans during contracting.
- Support the Programme Manager in appraising partner proposals, budgets and approve reports;
- Participate in the processes of assessing partner capacity and performance as assigned by the Programme Manager
- Work with the Program Quality Team and the Business Services Team to develop and implement plans to respond to partner capacity and performance gaps
- Monitor and share programme updates with the Programme Manager, and when necessary to respond challenges and risks emerging from programme delivery.
- Undertake partner monitoring meetings and regular visits; ensure partner reports are received on time and in line with donor requirements.
- Support the Programme Team in preparing internal and external reports, ensuring compliance with donor and affiliate requirements
- Ensuring that tools for monitoring programmes are developed and used by programme delivery team and partner staff.
- In collaboration with Programme Manager, ensure availability of up to data for systems reporting including global output report.
- Work with the Programme Quality Team in organising programme and financial reviews for partners
- Identify and coordinate with other stakeholders at the local level and use the space in these coordination meetings/ sector specific working group to advocate for issues that have implications for the OiTZ strategic areas of intervention.
- In consultation with the Programme quality team, support partners to develop and implement gender-sensitive indicators and budgets
- Support HIV&AIDS and Gender mainstreaming by ensuring that partners’ approaches to programming demonstrate the integration of cross-cutting issues.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Relevant work experience in programme management preferably in an NGO or ING
- Good knowledge and experience in Programme and Partnership Relations Management
- Adequate knowledge of Oxfam programme standards
- Proven ability to have constructive, progressive and mutually respectful relations and networks with other staff, partners and like-minded organisations and institutions.
- Strong analytical skills
- Skills and experience in event organising.
- Experience in facilitation and presentation to various audience.
- Commitment to women’s rights and gender equality in line with Oxfam’s mission, vision, goals and strategies.
- Commitment to promoting women leadership by understanding and addressing challenges that constrain women from becoming leaders at project and programme levels.
- Understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues, and commitment to addressing inequalities
- Procedural and strong attention to detail
- Competent in the use of computers and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. High level of acquaintance with internet-based research and electronic communications, new social networks.
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English and Swahili, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills. Able to use different approaches to achieve followership.
- Strong in mentoring, capacity building and training
- Strong interpersonal skills, sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts. Good team player.
- Awareness of own strengths and areas of weakness and evidence of self-managed learning
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver on tight timelines
- Understanding of government structure and or experiences of working with of government is an
- Some experience in working with media, including use of digital media.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Tanzania government development strategies, policies,
priorities, system and structure
Location: Mwanza, Tanzania
Job Title: Programme CoordinatorApplication Deadline: 2018-12-07